Massage for children can be highly beneficial for many of the body systems. Children simply love to be touched, in fact they thrive on it and it is a crucial part of their growth and development.
Touch therapy research has demonstrated that nurturing touch for children is critical in establishing the foundation of their overall sense of wellbeing.
Massage can be a safe and effective intervention that may have the following benefits;
- Improved sleep patterns
- Maintaining a healthy digestive system and promoting regular bowel movements
- Decreased anxiety and stress hormones
- Reduced aggressive behaviour and improved focus
- Increased self esteem, body awareness and healthy boundaries
- Improved muscle tone and joint mobility
- Reduced hypersensitivity to tactile input
- Reduction in pain
It is encouraged that caregivers continue with massage at home to maximise the benefits for your child, so you are provided with simple techniques during the session that you can then apply later.
Should you have any questions in relation to the appropriateness of nurturing touch for your child or wish to make an appointment please contact Angela;
t: 0419 793 675